Last week, I had the privilege of speaking on a local search panel titled “Solving Problems and Seeing Success in Google Places.” On the panel, we presented recommendations for dealing with human support at Google places, tips from an agency perspective, and a look at case study information from my work with Houlihan’s restaurants. Download my Google Places panel presentation slides for more information.
For live blogging coverage and comprehensive recaps from great industry sources, see Search Engine Land’s pages linked below for rundowns of each day, including multiple live blog recaps for many of the sessions from great sources.
- Search Engine Land’s February 28 recap
- Search Engine Land’s February 29 recap
- Search Engine Land’s March 1 recap
Here are the sessions I attended and recapped in my notes. They all offered a differing level of takeaways based on experience.
- Getting Personal, Part 1: How Google & Bing Personalize With Social Connections
- Getting Personal, Part 2: How Google & Bing Personalize With Search History & Geography
- Solving Problems and Seeing Success in Google Places
- Don’t Panic! A Hitchhiker’s Guide To Surviving SEO Changes
- Keynote with Susan Wojcicki, SVP Advertising, Google, Inc.
- Real Answers For Technical SEO Problems
- Schema.org, Rel=Author & Meta Tagging Best Practices
- Making Data From Google Webmaster Central & Bing Webmaster Tools Actionable
- Duplication, Aggregation, Syndication, Affiliates, Scraping And Information Architecture
- SEO Essentials For Migrating Websites
- Ask The SEOs – Open Q&A Forum
- Ask The Search Engines – Open Q&A Forum
If you have any questions on the notes, reach out to me on twitter any time at @coreydmorris.