The SEO Strategist at emfluence takes a lead role as the subject matter expert – both internally and for our clients – in all things related to organic search. The ideal person for this position will work collaboratively with internal teams and clients to define goals and create a strategic roadmap for achieving SEO success. This person will be passionate about organic search and will be driven by winning.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintain status as “internal expert” on SEO best practices, research, and skills development
- Solid understanding and ability to outline a strategic roadmap that incorporate technical SEO, on-page optimizations, and off-site SEO strategies to align to client goals.
- Knowledge of HTML
- Deliver tactical implementations for a wide variety of clients in different industries
- Ability to work with internal teams, including paid media, email, social media, and others to deliver cohesive digital marketing results
- Review campaign objectives with Director of Search, Director of Digital Strategy, and Account Management to ensure internal and external alignment
- Perform detailed site analysis and document tactics to be implemented in order for our customer’s website to be likely to be found in natural search results; assemble paid search campaigns on a variety of platforms for clients to appear in paid media outlets.
- Intuitively comprehend patterns, observing performance and assessing origin of conversions. Observe where traffic sources are coming from, utilize appropriate resources depending upon the client’s budget;
- Ensure that new site pages follow proper SEO guidelines with respect to coding and adherence to established copy/keyword best practices;
- Maintain appropriate level of detail and follow-through on all projects;
- For potential clients, provide projections, run numbers, look at competitors for sales to use in proposals;
- Assess appropriate level of client contact;
- Acts in a stewardship capacity for the Company, works as a functional member of the team, has ability to self-direct and self-regulate work-day;
- Other duties as assigned
This position may have indirect supervisory responsibilities for SEO Specialists.
- 3+ years experience in SEO/SEM; agency experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or other Business discipline preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the SEO industry
- Strong organization, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times
- Experience using SEO tools such as AHREFs, Brightedge, Moz, SEOClarity, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics and SEO performance analysis